Tonight is the night!
The Political Medway is hosting a debate between the potential future leaders of Medway Council, Cllr Alan Jarrett of Medway Conservatives and Cllr Vince Maple of Medway Labour.
We are immensely grateful that so many have taken an interest in this event and look forwarding to welcoming you to the Midkent College theatre tonight.
If you’re interested in attending and haven’t yet booked a ticket, you can do so here via Eventbrite.
Some final, practical information ahead of the event:
– You don’t need to print your tickets. You can if you like, but showing us your ticket on your phone is fine, as is just bringing ID so we can tick you off the list.
– The doors will open at 7pm for a prompt 7.30pm start. We are aiming to be done by 9pm.
– The Midkent College car park will be available. Upon passing the car park barriers (they will be open), proceed straight up the road to the main car park. Those with disabled blue badges can take the first left after the barriers, where disabled bays nearer the doors are located.
– From the disabled car parking spaces, the college is fully accessible, with step free access right into the theatre. If you have any specific accessibility requirements, please send us a message and will seek to accommodate them.
– Unfortunately we do not have a way of providing refreshments at this event, and we believe the Costa within the college will be closed. The restaurant may be open ahead of the event, and there are vending machines outside of the theatre.
– We have selected a broad range of questions from those submitted as you booked tickets. We received so many good questions that unfortunately we aren’t able to use them all, but we will get through as many as we can.
– There are a small number of tickets still left, so if you haven’t booked or know someone who might be interested, please get booked in! They will remain available until roughly 4pm today. You can book them here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/59291249724/
Phew! Think that’s it. We look forward to seeing you tonight!
A lot of work goes into keeping The Political Medway running. We are a volunteer based, non-profit project, and yet we are still trying to produce daily content, cover council meetings as they happen, as well as provide as much information about elections as possible. If you appreciate what we do, please consider making a small donation – one-off or monthly – via Ko-fi to help us cover our costs and keep this ridiculous project going.